Facebook is wide spread social networking website that allows users to chat, play games, send messages/invitations and many other cool features. Sometimes users report problems using Facebook in Firefox.
There are several problems which includes facebook cannot load games,Â chat is slow, cannot connect to websiteÂ and redirection.
If you are playing games on Facebook like YouVille, FarmVille, CafÃ© or Firshworld then you should set Flash plugin to allow third party content.
1. Click on web browser (FF) and go to Flash player Global Storage Settings panel.
2. Make sure that Allow third party Flash content to store data on your computer is checked.
If you are talking to your friends and Facebook chat appears to be very slow or unresponsive then you should upgrade to the latest version of Firefox. To do this, perform following steps.
1. Open your web browser.
2. Visit Firefox website
3. Click on Help button on the menu bar.
4. In the drop down select “Check for Updates”
5. If updates are available then click on “Get the new Version”
6. Click on Restart Firefox.
If you are unable to connect to Facebook website using Firefox then, follow these steps.
1. Check to see whether you can connect using Google Chrome or whatever you have installed on your computer.
If you see that you can connect using other web browsers and problem is only with Firefox then you do the following things.
a. At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click Tools, then select Clear Recent History
b. In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.
c. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
d. Select both Cookies and Cache.
e. Click Clear Now.
2. Also check cookie settings
On the menu barClick on the ToolsFirefoxEdit menu, and select Options.Preferences…
1. Select the Privacy panel.
2. Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
3. Make sure Accept cookies from sites is check marked.
4. Make sure Accept third party cookies is check marked.
5. Click Exceptions.
6. Make sure facebook.com is not listed.
3. If you can connect in any browser then it means that Facebook site is down. You have to wait for sometime.
a. Click on Tools menu and select Options in the Firefox.
b. Select Content panel.
It is very important to scan your computer for malicious software. In addition to it, users are unable connecting to Facebook because of Windows Registry. Registry is highly sensitive part of operating system where it stores confidential information in form of keys and codes. If there is minor corruption in registry then it may create problems like browser cannot work well with websites.
To Fix problems using Facebook in Firefox and other common internal problems, it would be wise to use a registry cleaner and PC optimizer software. This tool automatically detects and fixes missing and corrupted internal registry entries.